Agriculture, beautiful vistas, a stunning skyline, the English Bay and the powerful infrastructure, network and redundancy of 100TB are some of the perks of our newest Virtual Server location in Vancouver, Canada.
In web hosting, location is crucial for maintaining lightning-fast speeds and powerful connections with the rest of the world. We know that demanding networks can’t be run from one data center alone, which is why 100TB are always on the lookout for the next location to better serve our clients.
Welcome to Vancouver!
Vancouver, Canada has been hand-selected as the next location for 100TB virtual servers to bring you the speed and power that you expect from 100TB from every corner of the globe. Located in the downtown sector of the city, our newest data center will provide over 20 unique networks to the largest metropolitan area in Canada, with direct access to the Vancouver internet exchange (VANIX).
In the heart of the English Bay, the Vancouver, British Columbia area is home to more than 2.4 million residents. The city was originally incorporated along with the first transcontinental railroad in 1886. Originally named Gastown, the small milling town was renamed Vancouver after George Vancouver a few years before the Klondike gold rush brought population growth to the area.
Since then, Vancouver has grown immensely and saw another economic boom during the dot com technology years. Vancouver has recently been recognized as an up and coming technical hub, with many startups and established tech companies setting up shop in the bay, making Vancouver the perfect place for 100TB to land.
Getting to the Specifics
You can expect the same lighting-fast speed and solid infrastructure in our newest data center as is offered from any of our 26 locations. This hyper-efficient neutral network facilitates the durable, world-class services of 100TB – including the industry-leading hardware, network connectivity, full redundance and security that 100TB is known for:
- State-of-the-art utility power and emergency backup generator power systems ensure reliability and redundancy.
- The UPS is designed to support A+B configurations for optimum power resources.
- Multi-day fuel reserves to ensure that even when the power is cut, your services are still available.
- Manned guards onsite 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- 24×7 CCTV video surveillance and restricted biometric access with proximity key card.
- VESDA particulate detection, clean agent extinguishers, and dual pre-action dry pipe sprinkler system to protect against fire damage.
- N+1 redundancy and highly efficient green “free air” cooling and heating system promote pristine conditions and longer lasting hardware.
- A 21″ raised flooring with underfloor cooling to keep heat out and cool dry air flowing.
- Designed with 180 tons cooling capacity with N+1 redundancy for complete coverage.
We handpick our data centers to be sure they can offer only the best to our clients. Each piece of hardware is designed for optimum speed and resiliency, and our data centers must offer these same characteristics along with top-of-the-line environmental conditions, security, and power. Vancouver measures each of our strict requirements to meet the demands of our clientele. Click here to learn more about our newest data center addition.